Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Creative Space

On my desk, a few new toys... toys I was given for my birthday... toys I'm just itching to go out and play with.... some iphone lenses.


It's nine weeks until I leave for my next fabric shopping trip to Japan and this time, I'm going to do something that makes this ex-professional photographer have a little mini panic attack... I'm going to leave my camera behind.  The idea of travelling around that beautiful country without my DSLR actually seems quite silly, but while I'm lugging heavy loads of fabric / books / handmade papers / kimonos around I can't have it with me most of the time anyway.

So I've given myself a challenge, on that trip, I'm going to practice the art of "iphoneography".  There are a lot of great tips that I'm reading my way through here and some gorgeous inspiration here.

So to help me on my way, for my birthday The Man bought be three little iphone lenses, a wide angle / macro, a telephoto and a fish eye.  Fingers crossed for some fine weather this weekend so that I can go and start to play.

To see what other creative types have been up to this week, here is the place to go, or add your own to show us what you've been doing.


8 comments:

Max said...

How exciting! I've never heard of iphone lenses before, wow, i must go investigate. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your iphoneography x

Jo said...

How exciting - I didn't even know you could get lenses for iPhones, I'd love the macro. And I'm so jealous of your fabric buying trip to Japan, sounds fab!

Jacinta said...

I didn't realise you could get iphone lenses either - will be interested to see how you find them... Also, are you on instagram (iphone app - very cool) AND... have you tried dermander - another iphone app that does panoramics which I love love love.
Have fun!

Hot Fudge said...

iphone lenses - who would have thought? Of course, there is another solution. I could volunteer to come and be your camera caddy. I move pretty fast for an old lady.

Tamakikat said...

Look forward to seeing your photos:)

SomedaysSarah said...

Ooooh! iPhone lenses!! Oooh! Look forward to seeing what you do with them!!

Red Hen (dette) said...

What a lovely husband you have- what a thoughtful gift. I wish I had an iphone now, I think they would be fun to play with.

iphone app said...

Use of iphones for every sphere of life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails