Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Creative Space - Starting on the New House

Any spare days I have now are being spent at the new house.  We're so keen to get in there but it is nice to have a bit of time to do a few things before it is filled with furniture and a three year old.

Inside the house, the first priority is the Little One's room.  Her favourite colour is blue, so I've gone with a pretty sky blue.  It's been many years since I've painted a room and I had forgotten just how long all the preparation takes.  I hope to get the walls finished on my next trip up, but already I can get a feel for how it's going to look.


Her window has a shade cloth in front to cut down the afternoon sun but it blocks the amazing mountain view, so I'd like to get something adjustable put up in its place soon.


In our bedroom I want to pull up the carpet to make the most of the gorgeous hardwood floors underneath... now if I could just convince someone to do all the sanding and polishing for me....


The (asbestos containing) sheeting on the old shed has gone and now we just need to knock this down to make way for the new studio...



It's slow work and I'm not sure how much we'll get done before we move in, but I'm sure it will be considered a work-in-progress for about the next ten years.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

It will be SO worth it-lovely blue

SomedaysSarah said...

Enjoy making your new house your home!

Chrisy said...

How exciting for you...but know what you mean about that painting 'prep'....it just goes against the grain of someone who likes to get things done 'now'! Hope you can relax and just go with the flow....

Katy Desroches said...

It's good to know that the asbestos on your old shed is now gone. If asbestos fibers are breathed in, they may remain in your lungs for a long time Melanie, and thus leading to cancer. :( Moreover, asbestos fibers can also accumulate which may cause scarring and inflammation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails